Next Friday, May 30th is ARTafterDARK Rakugaki (Japanese for "graffiti") at the Honolulu Museum of Art. 6pm-9pm. Admission is free to Museum members and $10 for non-members. I am headlining this ARTafterDARK as a live music act and I will be performing two sets. I go on at 7pm and 7:30pm. This ARTafterDARK will be epic!
Graffiti meets classic Japanese art. Presented by Iichiko.
• Explore the exhibition Light from Shadow: Gold in Japanese Art and participate in an art activity in the gallery for a chance to win a Honolulu Museum of Art prize pack
• See Rubinson Intong create wall art and watch Brady Evans draw manga.
• Make stamp art with artist Chad Watanabe
• DJ Mr Nick + DJ Betty Tsuji
• Multimedia artist VIZ's latest video installation
• Break dancer Josh Sevellino + human beatbox Jason Tom
FOOD + DRINK:
Savor Japanese street fare like misoyaki beef skewers, yakitori noodles, and gyoza, and graze at a sushi station
Try specially created Iichiko cocktails, featuring their new product line.
Just a reminder—ARTafterDARKers can park in the following locations:
1) FREE: Street parking on Beretania and Kinau Street from 6pm.
2) $5: Up to five hours, $2 for each additional 30 minutes or fraction thereof. The lot behind the Honolulu Museum of Art School (1111 Victoria St.), entrances on Beretania and Young streets. NOTE: lot closes promptly at 11pm.
3) $5 at the First United Methodist Church Parking Lot on the corner of Beretania and Victoria streets. NOTE: lot closes promptly at 10pm.